Thursday, December 02, 2004

My Soldier - one person can make a difference

Check out http://www.mville.edu/news/NEWS_nov04_mysoldier.HTML

My Soldier is a program that puts politics aside and lets U.S. soldiers know that someone back home cares. When a person enrolls in the My Soldier program, they agree to adopt a soldier.

See the media's coverage of My Soldier.

The program was created by Juan Salas, an active U.S. Army Sergeant who also is a Manhattanville College (New York, about 45 miles from NYC) student. Salas, a naturalized US citizen originally from Venezuela, served for almost two years in Iraq, where he saw active combat duty and was commended for his part in saving the life of a child. Though the experience changed his life, today Salas is back home on campus, playing soccer and going to classes. For Salas, the My Soldier program is a way to give something to his fellow soldiers who are still in Iraq.

No comments: