The official Arbitron national format averages are out now for the Winter 2007 survey for your exporting, slicing, dicing, comparing to your local situation and dancing pleasure.
A few tantalizing stats:
* Country is up from Winter '06 to Winter '07 (9.1 to 9.2 12+) and flat 12+ from Fall 2006 (9.2)
* Country's women 25-54 share is up from Fall 2006, 9.7-10.2
* The format's men 25-54 share is up a tick (7.6-7.7) from Fall 2006, but is still off from our 8.3 last Spring
* 12+ male listening is flat and female listening is up
* 25-34 and 35-44 are up, 55-64 and 65+ are down, all other demos are flat
Spring is historically the country format's best "share" book of the year and if that holds true again this year, there's reason for optimism, since Winter 2007 is the best Winter 12+ share country has notched since Winter of 1999 when we had a 9.3 share. Since 2000, country's 12+ Winter survey share has trended: 9.0-8.8-8.6-8.6-8.6-8.9-9.1 to this current 9.2.
A little something to celebrate this weekend, I'd say!
'WILL RADIO BE PUSHED OUT OF THE CONNECTED CAR?" IS THE WRONG QUESTION FOR BROADCASTERS TO ASK - A recent A&O&B Facebook post from Jaye got quite a bit of attention. It concerned a story by the Las Vegas Review-Journal’s Todd Prince speculating about w...
3 months ago