Thursday, August 17, 2006

Bon Jovi Props For Jennifer Nettles On Larry King Live


This August marks the 20th anniversary of Bon Jovi's breakthrough album Slippery When Wet and so he's showing up everywhere (including training camp for his New England Patriots!).


He was with CNN's Larry King last night and A&O's buddy Neil Haislop was listening with pen in hand:

BON JOVI told Larry King Live last night that JENNIFER NETTLES “hit it out of the park” when she recorded with him. King asked Bon Jovi how he chose Jennifer to be his duet partner on “Who Says You Can’t Go Home.” He said, “With this one (song), when Richie (Sambora) and I wrote it, we thought it would be a great idea if we could get on country radio but knew that the format was closed to a rock band, so we sought out the help of a country artist. And our record company suggested a brand new one, and I said I'd like to have her fulfill three requirements; I have to like her voice. I have to like the songs that are on her forthcoming record. And then I have to believe that she delivers our lyric. Jennifer Nettles from a brand new band called Sugarland, knocked the ball out of the park,” he said. When King asked if the success at country radio surprised him Bon Jovi said, “Not really, to be honest with you, because I really do believe that a lot of the young country artists of this generation grew up probably closer to my music than they did to Patsy Cline and to Woody Guthrie and, you know, the originators of what was country.”

Bon Jovi went on to say that he enjoyed the country format “Very Much,” and added, ”I think in all honesty my next record will be greatly influenced by the Nashville scene.”

No comments: