Friday, April 21, 2006

The Dixie Chicks' Bumpy Comeback Is Turning Into A "Who Cares?" Event For Me


Don't count out Dixie Chicks before their new album hatches, writes The Nashville Tennessean: "... but even the Chicks weren't expecting the first single, "Not Ready to Make Nice," to shoot up the charts."

... which makes me wonder why they released it and its
self-serving video? Note from me to their label, Sony Nashville: I told you so.

A Chicks publicist in Nashville, Kathy Best, said the ladies wanted to address that issue first. "That's the first thing they wanted people to hear," Kathy said. "Now we can move on to other things in the album." Nashville's WSM-FM 95.5 The Wolf started playing a second song, "Everybody Knows," yesterday. Afternoon personality Frank Seres got almost exclusively positive feedback from listeners, according to the newspaper's report.

You'll pardon me if I wait and see how many times they do something stupid again before committing...

No comments: