From this presenter at Don Anthony/Morning Mouth's Morning Show Boot Camp in New Orleans, Twelve Ways To Keep From Bombing
1. Never announce that you are going to do a joke.
2. Never apologize for telling a joke.
4. Make sure the joke is relevant to your subject. Never force humor on your audience
5. Never do sexist, ethnic, religious, political, racist jokes or blue humor.
6. Never embellish or stretch out a joke.
7. Always research your audience.
8. Make sure your punch line is delivered clearly and with energy.
9. Don't laugh all the way through telling the joke.
10. Never put down the city you're in or the group you're talking to.
11. Add some humor that pokes fun at yourself.
12. Make sure you make a connection between you and your audience.
He adds: "OK, I misled you a little. The only way to keep from ever bombing using humor is...Not to use it! Of course if you do not use it most likely your program will bomb. Even though no one can make your humor bomb proof I promise you that if you follow my twelve ways to keep from bombing you will have the best chance of hitting a home run with your humor."
MORE: How To Write a Top 10 List
Watch The 2014 Country Music Hall Of Fame Inductees Today - CMA created the Country Music Hall of Fame in 1961 to recognize individuals for their outstanding contributions to the format with Country Music’s highest...
18 hours ago