Thursday, November 01, 2007

Keith Urban Tells All To People


And, it certainly appears, I do mean ALL:

Looking back on what has been the toughest year of his life, Keith Urban wouldn't have made it without his music and his wife, Nicole Kidman, the country star tells PEOPLE in its new cover story.
"I was going to lose it all," says Urban, 40, of the road he was on before rehab. "It was like, 'If I don't choose this moment to do the right thing and do something that's going to give me life, all of the things I'm scared of losing, I'm going to lose anyway.' "The Australian says he first began realizing he had a problem with alcohol after he first got to Nashville, in 1992: "It was how I dealt with a lot of loneliness. I wasn’t used to rejection. I wasn’t used to loneliness. It just seemed like nothing [my band and I] did was connecting or happening and it was very frustrating."Alcohol, he says, "was my diversion, my way of numbing myself to the rejection and the loneliness and the confusion."

No comments: