Monday, February 05, 2007

Sunday Papers Interview Country Artists, Old And New




Read a revealing AP profile by John Germone of what George Jones is doing and thinking these days in the Kansas City Star:
“I wasted a big, big part of my life. So many important years were totally lost,” said Jones. Today, sober and in good spirits, the 75-year-old singer says he has a lot to look back on and a lot to celebrate, including a recent album with fellow luminary Merle Haggard.
Phil Vassar performs in Great Falls on Saturday, May 5, at the Benefis Foundation's annual MayFaire fundraiser. Last year's event, featuring Trisha Yearwood, raised $52,000 for Mercy Flight. This year's fundraising goal is $80,000-$100,000, with proceeds supporting Benefis Healthcare's women's and children's services in the new Patient Care Tower.
One of Vassar's songs, "The Woman in My Life," is a tribute to his mother, wife and daughters. It fits perfectly with the beneficiary's emphasis on women and children, said Becky Nelson, development director at Benefis Healthcare Foundation.
Kathy Scovill interviews Kellie Pickler, Best Selling New Country Music Artist of 2006:
I think you are your biggest competition, because you’re your biggest critic. I don’t make it as a competition; I just try to do the best that I can. We are all very happy for each other. It’s nice to watch each other grow, and become successful and follow our dreams. And so we are all very happy for each other. I think it would be very immature to make it a competition, because that’s not what it is.

No comments: