- Each listener must feel that he/she is part of the conversation.
- Let the listener tell the story. Don’t interrupt. React and respond.
- Record as many listener voices in advance and pre-edit them. Radio is an audio medium. Make the most of sound.
- Think about plot lines. Edit in advance for a clear beginning, middle and end to each story.
- Cast the drama with your team’s characters. Who is best, given their values, to be the generator for this interaction? The reactor?
- Feel free to edit laughs and phrases from callers you recorded previously. It’s show biz. Reality TV has taught us that compressing a big story line into less time increases impact and power.
Some programmers will say that's due to PPM.
Actually, it's simply the pace of life today.