Two bits of their advice may be all that you need:
- Use the active voice.
- Omit needless words
How much do you need it? Give yourself a score from one to ten on this morning’s show:
- How connected to your community, using social networks and the telephones was it?
- Were characters “real” with believable values or just cartoon voices?
- How many times did you make listeners laugh?
- How well did the show build anticipation, entertainingly sewing in “reason to keep listening teases” in the thread?
- Relatablity? Was there a lot in the chatter that was so topical and local, so unique to your market, that listeners saw a reflection of themselves in your content?
You are about average, the same as most people you compete with.
Face it: you already know that you need some coaching on methods to add unique “style” to what you do.
Unless you want to remain "average."