Give these personalities and stations lots of credit for making use of social media:
1. Stephen Kilbreath sent a message to the members of 94.1 KMPS: Thanks for watching Waking Crew TV this morning! Some special on-camera contests for people who tuned in this morning. Join us next Thursday for more tomfoolery.
* STEPHEN’S STEW every morning @ 6:30
People’s 100 Most Beautiful list out. 3 country stars on it. The Voice goes silent.
* RANDY’S SPORTS every morning @ 7:30
Yao Ming scared of Swine Flu…maybe the NBA will postpone games in Texas.
* SCALLOPS’ SPOTLIGHT every morning @ 8:30
The teacher applicant – a list of what they have to do everyday.
* ICKY’S QUICKIES 3 times daily throughout the morning
Port Orchard this weekend – the annual Sea-Gull calling contest.
* FRIDAY WITH THE WAKING CREW
5:40 – Monica Seles. The former tennis star has a new book out. Hear about everything she went through – including the stabbing.
8:05 – Ben Warner. The weekly update from Ben Warner. He is long-boarding across the country to raise awareness for the Boys & Girls Clubs.
2. E.j. Becker sent a message to the members of KMBZ-Kansas City's Morning News: it's go time! and this morning that means the latest on the swine flu -- do we have a case here in the metro? suzy welch and darryl strawberry will join us live on the show. we'll recap the president's news conference last night and make sure you get where you're going this morning with traffic and weather on the 9's. all morning long, ellen and i will keep you up to date on newsradio 980 kmbz.
3. To the members of Your News/Detroit: "Lila Lazarus left for New Orleans this morning on a Harley Softtail with 4 other riders and two camera crews in tow. She will chronicle her Chopper adventure with video, text and pics in a five part series for YourNews.com.
4. Jesse Tack sent a message to the members of B105 Cincinnati's Country: B105 has GEORGE STRAIT and BRAD PAISLEY tickets all this week!! All this week Chris Carr & Company have tickets to see George Strait at his May 22nd Riverbend show. Looking for free Brad Paisley tickets for his June 19th concert? Chris Carr & Co. has tickets to that show too all this week!
.. but, who's doing it right? Is Facebook, MySpace or Twitter the same as Email? Or, should messages be different in each social medium?
Judging from my reaction to the time I spend every day wading through my e-life, I don't know the answers, or even the questions, but this I do know: 140 characters is a great discipline.
Keep it short. Don't just talk, listen. Invite me to respond, contribute and control my relationship with you. Do that, and I'll pass it on.
Infographic: How to Create Amazing Content for Every Show, Every Day In Seven Steps - Facts are forgettable. Stories are sticky. But going from that knowledge to daily creation can be challenging. Here are seven steps to help you create and...
6 days ago