Last night in Las Vegas, the Academy of Country Music took advantage of the great number of country stars in town for the Academy of Country Music Awards, to hold many artists over to Monday so they could participate in the taping of special program celebrating George Strait's elevation to the Artist of the Decade award that will air in May. Nearly every star that participated had been influenced by George Strait's music, or had been greatly helped along their path to stardom by becoming an opening act on a George Strait tour.
* Tim McGraw has the honor of opening the show explaining Strait's importance.
* The first act to pay tribute to Strait by singing one of his hit songs was Sugarland with their version of "Adelida."
* McGraw and Faith HIll returned to pay him in a musical tribute by singing a cool version of "Marina Del Rey." Most of the artists that followed made a point to perform George Strait tunes with their own style, which added to the appreciation of George's celebrated ability find and sing hit tunes.
* The generational variety of artists influenced by George Strait was made obvious when Taylor Swift reminded that her first tour experience was opening for George. She then performed her favorite Strait song, "Run."
* Other artists participating include Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton, Toby Keith, Keith Urban, Brooks & Dunn, Montgomery Gentry, Dierks Bentley Jamie Fox, Alan Jackson, Jamey Johnson, John Rich, Jack Ingram and many more. George closes the show singing three of his biggest hits.
* GARTH BROOKS also appears as the most recent winner as Artist of the Decade to pay homage to a man he says he's worshipped since he was a teenager.
We could tell you more, but nothing we could say about what we experienced backstage watching the show, will measure up to watching the show from beginning to the last note played by George and his band when the show comes to an end May 27th on CBS. Mark your calendars now for this once in a decade celebration of an artist that's contributed so much for the last decade.
16 Bullets from Podcast Movement 16 - There’s nothing like spending two days with people who are “over the top” passionate about something. In this case that something was podcasting with the e...
2 weeks ago