Thursday, August 20, 2009

Go "As West As It Gets." Be As Good As You Can Get!

I'm coming to the Canadian Country Music Association's annual Country Music Week in Vancouver September 10-13, in search of the very best three minutes (or less) in Canadian Country Radio, prepared to pay a $500 cash reward when I find it.

My Friday, September (11:30am) CCMA panel
will be all about coaching to bring out the best in talent. I plan to play some great radio and talk about what makes it so successful.

You’ll learn how talent can hone and improve their personality; quickly engage their target listener right from the beginning, and use the power of narrative and emotions to add to the impact of everything they do on the air. This panel will also equip programmers with the tools to teach these techniques to their personalities when they get back to work, making your station more entertaining and compelling.

Here's the reward: it's now time to email me your very best "bit" as an mp3.

I plan to play the best ones I receive in the next few weeks during this session and explore the elements which make them work so well.

At the end of the session, all attendees will agree on criteria and then choose “the best” one and Albright & O'Malley will award a $500 cash reward to the personality or station which submitted it. You must be present to win and I will write that $500 check to you right on the spot.

This will be a fast-moving, entertaining and educational hour!

P.S. I will be in attendance throughout Country Music Weekend and will also be available for one-on-one free individual/private coaching sessions as well. Just bring a CD or snap drive to Country Music Week and either email me in advance, sign up at the Country Music Week Registration Desk or call my cell phone (206-498-6261) to get an hour, one-on-one, to talk about your performance and your goals.

1 comment:

Jay Hitchen said...

Leave it up to you to go one step beyond Jaye. This will be a terrific seminar and what a way to send a message to radio to get involved.