Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Neil Haislop Updates: Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban And Clay Walker

From the guy Blair Garner dubbed "The Nashville Answer Man" more than a decade ago:

* One of the reason's Kenny Chesney is the current 800-lb gorilla of country touring acts, is that he paid attention to the superstar acts that invited him to open for them back when.

Kenny says that he got his first degree in how to stage a giant tour and how to treat opening acts from one of his early supporters, Alabama.

"They were great," says Kenny who opened for the super group in the mid '90s'.
"Alabama, those guys were absolutely great to us. Randy and Teddy and Mark and Jeff and even their crew, everybody that worked for them treated us with great respect and it was a lot of fun to go out and do my show then go back and watch those guys play. I learned from those guys. I think they were the Rolling Stones of country music."

* With Canada Day and U.S. Independence Day now upon us, and we recently asked Australian-born, Keith Urban, about his citizen status in America and he explained why he loves living here.

"I'm a U.S. resident and have been for a long, long time. And, Nick (Nicole Kidman), was born in Hawaii and Sunday is definitely a resident born right here in Nashville Tennessee, so we're here to stay."

Keith also says he was impressed when he recently visited Ellis Island in New York Harbor, "To see these buildings that have been there since the beginning, and to see the statue of Liberty in the background it just brought everything full circle for me...because I'm here because of the American Dream. For me that has never died and it's what brought me half way around the world, it's what still excites me when I drive down the freeway and see a sign that says "Memphis" or "Knoxville" ...these names that I grew up hearing in songs and reading about in books and on the backs of albums, so I'm still as fascinated and excited about this country as I ever was."

* Clay Walker's 4th of July Party SPECIAL features patriotic and holiday-themed stories and songs by Clay Walker, Rodney Atkins, Toby Keith, Blake Shelton, Hank Jr, Rascal Flatts, Lee Brice, LeAnn Rimes, Lee Greenwood and more, including exclusive holiday audio from Clay Walker and his star studded cast of friends. Stars joining it include Tim McGraw singing "Southern Voice," "It's America" by Rodney Atins, and others.

No comments: