Wednesday, November 22, 2006

AMA Winners, Speeches and No-Shows

Rascal Flatts, Carrie, Faith, Tim, Toby Keith AMA Winners:

AMA Favorite New Breakthrough Artist-All Genre AMA award winner: Carrie Underwood:
"First I want to thank God, and thank you fans, very much! Not just my fans but the fans of every genre in this room, you're the reason we do what we do and have jobs. Thank you. I want tothank my date thank my date tonight, my Mom, Arista, Arista Nashville, Simon, thank you AMAs and God Bless."

Faith Hill did not attend the awards, but won the AMA for Favorite Female Country artist, beating out Underwood, who was gracious backstage when asked about Faith's CMA 'glitch' in her otherwise run of bigsuccess: "She contacted me before the show was over, and I never would've thought anything bad of her since she is such a nice person,. We were good the night it happened and then it just blew up and I felt so bad for her because she¹s so nice and doesn't deserve that."

Rascal Flatts won favorite country group, country favorite band, duo or group and the other fan-voted award, theT-Mobile Text-in Award: "Wow, this goes to the fans, thank you, (Joe Don). We want to thank God for giving this amazing opportunity to be on a stage every single night and to be able to showcase the talents that he's given us. We¹ve got an amazing band and I think we¹ve seen all of you at least one time this year, maybe twice (Gary). And for all you wondering what a Rascal Flatt is, here we are baby," concluded Jay DeMarcus. "See you all in 2007," the group shouted.

Though Toby Keith was named the AMA Favorite Male Artist, he did not attend the show to pick up his award personally.

Faith Hill was awarded the Favorite Female country artist award, and Tim McGraw's "Greatest Hits Volume 2" CD was named country album. Neither could attend the show to accept their awards.

No comments: