- Evaluate key competitors’ positioning statements, claims, benchmarks and stationality. Is there anything we need to defuse?
- How can we further maximize the strengths of our cluster to block and/or reposition our key competitors and those of our sister stations?
- What tactical/strategic outside media (TV, billboards, mail, stealth telemarketing) campaigns are we likely to be up against? Will our programming/marketing arsenal be competitive and crippling?
- Are there new players? Who are their consultants, programmers and companies? Can we predict and “borrow” possible strategies, tactics, features and devices before they are aimed at us?
- When was the last time the most recent perceptual/strategic action plan was reviewed for compliance? Is the on and off-air brain trust following the game plan?
- Has the programmer and marketing executives spent a day away from the station to critically listen and evaluate product performance?
- Prizes: “dollar for dollar,” how are we likely to be remembered in the mind of the listener? Is this a “hill” we even care about?
- What mechanisms are in place to insure we seize “the moment/ big events” as they pop-up. Are key community, industry, media (etc.) contacts in place? Have we done a good job delegating the bases on the playing field so we won’t miss important opportunities?
- Is the station and the cluster’s Marketing Model (Target+Product+Position+Promotion) current, active and actionable?
'WILL RADIO BE PUSHED OUT OF THE CONNECTED CAR?" IS THE WRONG QUESTION FOR BROADCASTERS TO ASK - A recent A&O&B Facebook post from Jaye got quite a bit of attention. It concerned a story by the Las Vegas Review-Journal’s Todd Prince speculating about w...
4 months ago