- Get out and get involved in the community. Loyal listening audiences are built on a personal bond.
- Come up with TEN things you could do to own your time slot.
- Over-prepare so be sure that each break relates powerfully in unique and creative ways.
- Rehearse everything you do for maximum impact.
- Compress content. Rewrite in advance for brevity and word power.
- Entertain. Provide an emotional experience between every song.
- Listen to listeners and use their names and voices on the air, tightly-edited as often as possible.
- Get one to one. Share your personal point of view and avoid crutches andclichés by being speciﬁc and evoking theatre of mind.
- Provide instant gratiﬁcation and be sure you present the music in line with our station image.
- Constantly attack yourself. What would you do if you were your own competition.
An Important Award You May Have Missed this Week: “Serial” Earns a Peabody - The big awards talk-abouts early this week at country stations have been centered (and rightly so) on the ACMs: big stars, big production, and a Guinness W...
4 days ago