- Get out and get involved in the community. Loyal listening audiences are built on a personal bond.
- Come up with TEN things you could do to own your time slot.
- Over-prepare so be sure that each break relates powerfully in unique and creative ways.
- Rehearse everything you do for maximum impact.
- Compress content. Rewrite in advance for brevity and word power.
- Entertain. Provide an emotional experience between every song.
- Listen to listeners and use their names and voices on the air, tightly-edited as often as possible.
- Get one to one. Share your personal point of view and avoid crutches andclichés by being speciﬁc and evoking theatre of mind.
- Provide instant gratiﬁcation and be sure you present the music in line with our station image.
- Constantly attack yourself. What would you do if you were your own competition.
Best Jobs Survey: Entertaining on the One Hand, An Opportunity for Growth, Respect and Recruitment on the Other - Not that I spend a lot of time thinking about surveys like this, but the latest CareerCast.com 2016 Jobs Report ranks “Disc Jockey” 197th out of 200 (we’ve...
5 days ago