- Get out and get involved in the community. Loyal listening audiences are built on a personal bond.
- Come up with TEN things you could do to own your time slot.
- Over-prepare so be sure that each break relates powerfully in unique and creative ways.
- Rehearse everything you do for maximum impact.
- Compress content. Rewrite in advance for brevity and word power.
- Entertain. Provide an emotional experience between every song.
- Listen to listeners and use their names and voices on the air, tightly-edited as often as possible.
- Get one to one. Share your personal point of view and avoid crutches andclichés by being speciﬁc and evoking theatre of mind.
- Provide instant gratiﬁcation and be sure you present the music in line with our station image.
- Constantly attack yourself. What would you do if you were your own competition.
'WILL RADIO BE PUSHED OUT OF THE CONNECTED CAR?" IS THE WRONG QUESTION FOR BROADCASTERS TO ASK - A recent A&O&B Facebook post from Jaye got quite a bit of attention. It concerned a story by the Las Vegas Review-Journal’s Todd Prince speculating about w...
2 weeks ago