Thursday, October 25, 2007

This Is Not MY Country




I will leave it to you to guess which country stations are doing these "dads in Hannah Montana garb" stunts because I don't want to even plug them, but (perhaps my age or prudish side is showing?) I do want to ask "where in the core values of country listeners does it say anything about dressing up in women's clothing?"

Given my personal story, you might think that I'd enjoy these shenanigans/public humiliations, but it has me scratching my head. Somebody is getting rock station or kid station sensibilities mixed up with the priorities and humor which grow our coalition rather than reducing it.

Winning country listeners' hearts involves reflecting their lifestyles, instead of being juvenile and childish like other format stations they could listen to instead.

It's just my two cents' worth, but Hanna Montana IS about leading a double life, but not this kind, folks...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blame it on Disney ... Blame it on the kids that watch the show ... Blame it on Billy Ray Cyrus for his horrible hairdo on the show & for pushing his kid into show biz (as well as trying to resurrect his career on her coattails) ... Blame it on the scalpers who hijacked the Ticketmaster computer system and see these 'Tweens who are in tears because mom & dad can't afford the prices of the tickets ...

The radio stations have done this kind of promo for a long time ... Mom & dad can't afford to pay $2k+ for a concert ticket ... So, they're more than willing to do some crazy stunt ... Better for dad to dress in drag than do something like that "water" stunt the woman died from ...



Country radio is NOT what it used to be 10yrs ago ... "American Idol" has killed the music industry & country radio/tv ...