Saturday, April 01, 2006

AOL Has The New Dixie Chicks Video


Click to watch the Dixie Chicks/Not Ready To Make Nice Video.

In the event you, like me, had hoped that they weren't going to get political with this, I have bad news for you. And, as a truth-telling wag and knowledgable country music expert who shall remain anonymous told me this morning after viewing it: "VH-1 and Grammy voters will love this."

Early Friday evening, after it had been online for most of the day, here's how AOL users rated it (which seems about right to me):

What do you think of the Dixie Chicks' new video?
44% - I hate it!
38% - I love it!
18% - It's okay -- I like it.


NOTE: AOL poll results are not scientific and reflect the opinions of only those users who chose to participate. Poll results are not reflected in real time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard a rumor that some country stations have been threatening syndicators that if "Not Ready" appears on the countdown shows, they will use that as a reason to cancel the show. Dropping a countdown for something like this is like dropping "Access Hollywood" or "ET" just because a TV station disagrees with a particular celebrity's politics. I hope it's not true. If true, it's another chilling sign of how we all need to remember what our troops are fighting for - freedom.