|Adj.||1.||likeable - (of characters in literature or drama) evoking empathic or sympathetic feelings; "the sympathetic characters in the play"|
|2.||likeable - easy to like; agreeable; "an attractive and likable young man"|
liked - found pleasant or attractive; often used as a combining form; "a well-liked teacher"
The more you have to "sell stuff" on the radio, the harder it is to maintain and yet the more important it becomes (if you want to hold onto and engage the listener while doing the hype).
How to be more likable?
- Don't lose your smile
- No left turns.
Be Engaged, Passionate
- Make me laugh often
- Stay positive
- Compliment and involve your listener in everything
- Control your insecurities
- Listen (phones, texts, emails, social nets) and make sure the listener knows you are doing it
- Sound flexible
- Make the mechanics seem invisible to the listener (that's radio's version of good manners)
- Stay humble. It makes you endearing