Sunday, April 24, 2005

Your Listeners Are A Creative Resource

Jeff Stone saw this item in his local Sunday paper:

Meet 37 year old, Green Bay East High School and UW-Oshkosh graduate DEAN JULIAN. He still loves the Packers, bratwurst and musky fishing, and especially loves the fact he has one of the hottest scripts in Hollywood. A futuristic thriller entitled "UTOPIA".

After Graduating from College, Julian left his hometown of Green Bay to pursue his dream in the entertainment capital of the world. He then did voice over work for radio, and television programs, including MTV Beavis & Butt-head and VH-1 Illustrated, Julian has found his true calling through his writing. "As a writer, you get to create a whole universe...I've always had quite an imagination, and I can't imagine a more enjoyable way to make a living." says Julian. The Story takes a glimpse 25 years into the future: Global democracy is finally achieved...but the US Military---reluctant to share it's power---Stages a coup and becomes the most feared terroist organization ever to exist on the planet. Bill O'Riley has a small cameo role as an 80 year old, and is the "Voice of reason" in the scary post 911 world created by Julian. "it was pretty cool......I was actually on Bill O'Riley's radio Program last week. The guy just makes sense on so many social issues...and UTOPIA deals with the heaviest of them, so I decided to write his character into the script. "

Stone says that this same Dean Julian was on his Green Bay radio request line 15 years ago: "He was in college and it was late and he decided to call the station I was working and he was doing these crazy character voices...So of course I saw a way where I could use this guy and I talked him into coming in and recording some drops for me.

For the next 9 years he was my voice and comedy guy....he was amazing....His talents definitely get me some jobs! Just With his Clinton Voice alone through the early 90's was very helpful.....Just wanted you to see what happens when you talk to your listeners...you can find some talented people...His movie by the way will star Mel Gibson the way it looks....I will let you know more when I know more....it is a great story....I have the script... he sent it to me and it is awesome!"

MORAL: be extra nice to those voices on the phone. They can make your content better right now, and also you never know what they may "grow up" to be!

Contact Jeff at stonevo@doorpi.net, call 920-256-9537 or click on http://www.jeffstoneproductions.com/.

No comments: