Sunday, February 08, 2009

Country's "Class Of '89" Was Two Decades Ago

This year marks the 20th anniversary of the famed “Class of ’89,” which consisted of then newcomers Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, Clint Black, Travis Tritt, Lorrie Morgan and Mary Chapin Carpenter.

Country Weekly's cover story catches up with the members of that historic class as they reflect on life 20 years later.
“I’d never have thought that I’d be still out here touring and having hit records and still getting on the radio. I guess sometimes the music might be a little timeless––that helps you hang on.” -- Alan Jackson
Clint is pleased to be among that breakout group of artists and says, “I’m proud of my contribution and I feel like I gave it my best.”

If you were 25 years old when the 1989-1995 boom peaked in the mid-90's, you're 39 today.

Also in this week's issue of the magazine, Taylor Swift, Dierks Bentley, Jack Ingram and more stars reveal how they like to spend Valentine’s Day with that special someone. Taylor says that if she could create the perfect day, “It would be full of surprises. I don’t think I’ve ever dated a guy that was really incredibly romantic as far as surprises and things like that.” And for John Michael Montgomery, the ideal romantic date with his wife involves “lots of sushi and going to the movies.”

Country Weekly's PR Contact: Webster & Associates Public Relations (615-777-6995), Bonnie Brozik or Kirt Webster

No comments: