1. Are we that good?
2. What’s NEW?
3. Is the station easy to talk about?
4. Authenticity rules. Make only claims you can support.
5. Find network “hubs” (influencers in your social circle)
6. Get those "huggers" involved in your radio station.
7. Give away “free samples,” bite-size audio and video chunks of your radio station.
8. Be outrageous and surprising.
9. Fight for a well-defined cause (see ice buckets for ALS - but once it gets that big, you may not be able to "own" it. Best to create your own local events.)
10. Build a listener community. Grease the wheels of buzz starting with them at live and online events.
A plan to get you to "10 out of 10," starts tomorrow.