"Radio stations do not tend to reply to the comments aimed at them, seldom engaging with listeners at all."
- Celebrity culture is a main driver of conversation, with over a quarter of all listener mentions relating to celebrity news, interviews or songs.
- Radio stations act upon this trend, with 41% of radio stations directing @interactions at celebrities and 32% towards brands.
- The use of competitions as part of a social strategy was generally a successful tactic
- Of all personalities’ personal tweets, only 5.5% were about their radio station.
- Sport stations are the most social on Twitter, using @mentions to talk to their audience much more frequently than other genres.
Over the period analyzed, 1% of the conversation was negative. Although a seemingly small number, it accounts for 3,200 mentions, very few of which were responded to.
32% of social customers expect a response to a complaint within 30 minutes. Research by Nielsen demonstrates that 71% of consumers who experience a quick brand response are likely to share that with others.
To get the full picture you can download the full report for free here.