Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Paraderadio.com

Paraderadio.com is a daily email written and created for radio from the pages of PARADEMagazine by John Ford. Over 1,000 radio pros have requested this e-mail every morning.

From a recent one: HOW SAFE DO TODAY'S TEENS FEEL IS SCHOOL?

That's the question beingasked teens from across the country in this weekend's issue of PARADEmagazine. Here's a sample of what a few of them had to say:

Ben Furner, 17 from Murray, Utah: "Once, I overheard a girl talkingabout bringing a gun to school, so I called the cops. I'm doing my bestto keep my school safe."

Ryan Fox, 14, from Gobles, Michigan: "Since my school put cameras in allthe hallways, there has been less trouble. But now I have that strangefeeling a camera's always following me."

Jessica Kveton, 16, from Sandwich, Illinois: "I go to a small school. Wedon't have metal detectors or security guards. We do have teachers whoask us about our lives, and we all know each other. That's why I feelsafe."

Topic Ideas: How safe do you feel at your school? Do the securitymeasures at your school make you feel any safer, or do they just makeyou feel like you're in prison? What would you do to make your schoolsafer?

If you are not now getting it, go to http://www.paraderadio.com/ or drop an email to John Ford (john_ford@parade.com).

PS: Use a story, make an aircheck, get a free gift from PARADE. Send your aircheck to PARADERadio, Suite 1910, 551 Fifth Avenue, New York City 10176.

No comments: